Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's about time...

It's been a long time since I posted an update about life here at Ross.... to begin with, I got the opportunity to go to the SAVMA Symposium in Ohio this past October. It was very cool. SAVMA Symposium is put on by the hosting school (this time OSU) for SAVMA delegates and other vet students. The lectures and evening activites are geared towards us. I met some great people, heard some amazing lectures and got to get off the rock for a few days. I also go the chance to meet Dr Fitzgerald (of Emergency Vet fame) We talked about him coming to Ross for a few days, and said we would speak in the future.





After that, I finished third semester (YAY!) and spent about a week at home remembering my friends and lamenting leaving (though happy to get back to work).

This semester I moved into the Royal St Kitts hotel (whi isn't nearly as cool as it sounds, even though...) it includes a gym, 2 pools and 2 areas to eat/purchase food.

A few weeks into the semester I decided it was time to run for SAAVMA (our student government, dictated to by the AVMA, which is the umbrella government that covers all licensed veterinarians) vice president. After a pretty decent speech, and a few votes in my favor, I won. I step into the shoes of SAAVMA Vice President, week one next semester. In addition to that, I have maintained my position as class representive for SAAVMA. With both of those in my favor, I got the chance to attend the AVMA convention in Seattle this past week.

The AVMA convention was another great chance to network and see new speakers. I also got to see Dr fitzgerald again, and this time we had lunch. We talked about many things, but the main meeting point was to discuss him coming to St Kitts. We decided on January, with him lecturing on many issues. I'm super excited becuase he is a cool hippie emergency vet, who knows everything about, just about, everything... In addition I got to go (minor) sightseeing, and taste a few of the local microbrews. After 6 flights in 4.5 days I finally got back here to st Kitts and took a pharm exam. Though it wasn't my best grade here at Ross, I'm not too worried, plus of any exam for any reason, this was the reason I would want a low grade to occur (not that I ever want a low grade but you get it) lol...



Pike's Market (At least someone is looking out for you folks! Kidding kidding lol)


The original Starbucks


Me and Brenden

Anyway, life here has been up and down, but lately it has been a few really high peaks with only minimal lower moments. I'm completely excited to get back to NY in August and can't wait to get another hit of the states :)

No comments: